Re: Revised autobeam settings patch -- cleaned up debug comments (issue

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch -- cleaned up debug comments (issue1667044)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 04:55:26 +0000

On 2010/06/16 23:31:23, Neil Puttock wrote:
Carl, have you looked at the regtest output?

Yes, but I made a mistake when I did so.  I've now got the regtest
output all working right
except for one beam in measure 5 of slur-scoring.ly.

In the baseline, notes 2/8, 3/8, and 4/8 are all beamed together.  In
the new version, 2/8 stands alone, and 3/8 and 4/8 are beamed together.

Both versions can be used, according to Ross.  The reason we have 2/8
standing alone is to prevent 2/8, 3/8, and 4/8 from being beamed
together in 3/4 time, where that would be an error.

I propose that we leave the autobeaming as is, and manually beam measure
5 of slur-scoring.ly if we want to have those 3 notes beamed together.
But I didn't want to do that, because I didn't want to hide the change
in auto-beam behavior.

There's some weirdness going on in 2/4 whereby some beats are
unbeamed.

Incomplete bars are unbeamed, even if they constitued complete beats.

Were you referring to the reg tests, or to some other files?  If it's
other files, could you please send me a copy?

Thanks,

Carl

Cheers,
Neil