Re: My web build is different from website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: My web build is different from website
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:03:46 +0100

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:24:20AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> I'm sorry if that has caused you unnecessary work investigating
> these erroneous errors.

Another problem, which you may or may not have encountered, is
that the "upload these image files" part should come before
running "make website" unless you're building it inside a
previously-built doc tree.  I'll update the CG.

> However, even using the correct index.html in /out-website/website
> I still find the manual links fail.  This may be because the
> attempt to find several files during make website failed, eg:
>
> No such file: text.itely
> Search path:
> .:/media/lilypond/lilypond-git/Documentation/:/media/lilypond/lilypond-git/Documentation/:/media/lilypond/lilypond-git/Documentation//snippets/:out-website

Those are normal.  I forget exactly why we had to end up with so
many warnings, but it had something to do with the translations.

>> It also strangely printed out several lines of python beginning
>>
>> for l in '' es fr it nl; do \
>>         if test -n "$l"; then \
>>   langopt=--lang="$l"; \
>>   langsuf=.$l; \
>>  fi; \

That's bash script, not python.

>> d) All the urls on the manuals page give file not found.
>>   The targets they are seeking are like
>>
>> /lilypond-git/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/index.html

That's normal; the web server has a different directory layout
than git, so when you build the website for uploading, it needs to
use that other directory layout.  None of the manual links will
work on your local computer unless you make a bunch of symlinks.

(you'd only need 2-4 symlinks to make it work with the 2.13 docs,
but trying to make it work with the 2.12 docs would require 15-20
symlinks -- totally not worth it)