Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:11:37 +0000

On 2010/11/28 22:24:05, Neil Puttock wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/diff/109001/lily/tab-harmonic-engraver.cc#newcode59
lily/tab-harmonic-engraver.cc:59: victim->set_property ("style",
ly_symbol2scm
("harmonic"));
This makes it difficult for users to tweak the appearance of the
harmonic
brackets, though if you still think it's a price worth paying, you
might as well
junk the engraver and read 'articulations directly inside the notehead
callback.

Ahh, now I understand why there's a HarmonicParenthesisItem.  I'm not
sure what I think the best solution is.  I'd welcome some discussion on
it.

I think that the harmonic parentheses should become part of the notehead
grob, so that when we parenthesize the notehead it will include the
harmonic parentheses.

I can see that we don't have any way to adjust the properties if it's
the part of the same grob, so we re really would like it to be two
separate grobs.

Is there any way you can think of to combine two grobs into one?

http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/diff/109001/scm/tablature.scm#newcode321
scm/tablature.scm:321: (centered-stencil output-grob)))
This has a nasty side-effect: it centres the noteheads on the
PaperColumn,
shifting them to the left of heads in other staves.

So what I'd really like to do is center the tab-note-heads on the center
of the notes in the regular music column.  I can do that by centering,
then offsetting. But how can I get the amount for the offset?

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/