Re: [Patch] make post-event music functions direction-aware (issue374304

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: [Patch] make post-event music functions direction-aware (issue3743043)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:45:42 +0000

On 2010/12/20 16:22:30, Carl wrote:
IMO, go ahead and set the neutral direction.  If it passes make check,
then call
it good.

Hi Carl,

actually, whilst it does pass make check, it breaks... all of my own
scores!

I use the following function:

filterDirections=
#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
  (music-filter
    (lambda (x)
      (not (null? (ly:music-property x 'direction))))
    music))

that allows me to discriminate dynamics that have an explicit direction
(even a neutral one) from those who don't.

Of course, I can fix my own code accordingly. But it shows that this
change may not be entirely harmless for everybody.

Cheers,
Valentin

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743043/