Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 03:04:39 +0000

On 11/2/11 10:20 AM, "Adam Spiers" <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Actually, the script should be changed to refer to
>>> $LILYPOND/build/tempdocs.
>>
>> yep.  Well, $LILYPOND_GIT/build/
>
>Please see my comment on the above issue - any reason to prefer use of
>this environment variable over auto-detection even where it is easily
>achievable?

Well, I have been building on OS/X for years, and I have yet to get an
out-of-tree build to work successfully (I only try it sporadically).  So I
don't want to be tied to the directories listed in the CG.  I'd prefer the
environment variable approach.

If the autodetect would be overridden by setting environment variables,
then I see no problem with using autodetect.  Which I think you did below.

>OK, I've changed it to honour three environment variables:
>
>   LILYPOND_GIT         (auto-detects if not set)
>   LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR   (defaults to $LILYPOND_GIT/build)
>   LILYPOND_TEMPDOCS    (defaults to $LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR/tempdocs)
>
>Is that better?  I've also adapted cg-section.sh in exactly the same
>way.  Patch below ...

Love it!

Thanks,

Carl