Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 06:36:48 +0000

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:13:02PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > At this very moment,
> > - we cannot build releases
>
> Well, they _are_ development releases anyway.  While my computing
> facilities are quite limited (single Pentium M of moderate speed), and
> my testing probably not up to scratch, I'd be willing to churn out
> minimal release material and test and commit staging to master
> occasionally if things are doomed to a stillstand otherwise.

Yikes, a pentium M is going to take ages... but I'm not feeling
too great about dev/staging getting so diverged from master.  If
you could do the merge/rebase magic and make sure that the result
can compile the documentation from scratch, then please push the
dev/staging+master merge.

Even better would be if you used the script for it,
  github/lilypond-extra/patches/compile-test-lilypond.py

which basically just automates the step I outlined.  I've used it
2 or 3 times without problems, but no guarantees.  It would be
great to have more testing + bugfixing on it, but if you're more
comfortable doing it manually, then let's do that for this
"emergency" dev/staging merge.

Let's not worry about new patches for another 24 hours or so.

> > - I am too sick to be civil until mid-Dec:
>
> Consider yourself lucky.  _You_ have a dedicated point of time after
> which you have reasonable expectations to be able to return to socially
> acceptable behavior.

oh, I know that I'm lucky; it could be much, much worse.  It could
also be better, though.  And I don't feel lucky; I just feel
miserable.