Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 09:21:08 -0000

David Kastrup wrote Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:01 AM

and there's no point having everbody work on dev/staging instead of master; we'll still get random breakage and so we'll be no better off
than having everybody working on master.

Huh? The point is that not that we won't get "random breakage". The point is we won't get unnecessary random breakage in master, and that master is never rewound (thus providing a dependable basis for private patches and branches), is good material for bisection, only getting material that has passed the complete round of tests available at a
given point of time.

... and a new dev release can be reliably made
at any time from master, knowing everything
contained therein is guaranteed to compile.
All problematic commits are constrained to staging.

New releases could even be issued at regular
intervals.

Trevor