Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:40:46 +0100

> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:13:02PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > At this very moment,
>> > - we cannot build releases
>>
>> Well, they _are_ development releases anyway.  While my computing
>> facilities are quite limited (single Pentium M of moderate speed), and
>> my testing probably not up to scratch, I'd be willing to churn out
>> minimal release material and test and commit staging to master
>> occasionally if things are doomed to a stillstand otherwise.
>
> Yikes, a pentium M is going to take ages... but I'm not feeling
> too great about dev/staging getting so diverged from master.  If
> you could do the merge/rebase magic

Actually, I am doing that regularly already, meaning that dev/staging is
most of the time in a state where one can easily fast-forward master to
it without manual intervention.

And as long as nobody commits directly to master, dev/staging does not
need to be rebased (except when backing out problematic patches of
course), and contributors can pull and push to dev/staging without
problem.

> Even better would be if you used the script for it,
>   github/lilypond-extra/patches/compile-test-lilypond.py

I need to take a look whether I can access that.