Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: multiple issues with building docs (patch included)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 07:59:08 +0000

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:40:46AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> And as long as nobody commits directly to master, dev/staging does not
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what if Han-Wen or John pops in to make a quick bugfix (say, to
the translation handling stuff), hasn't spent 10 hours to read all
-devel emails from the past month, and pushes directly to master?
we haven't documented dev/staging anywhere, so we can hardly blame
them for following that procedure.

also, what if any doc writer wants to write docs for your latest
and greatest features, or if programmers want to simplify stuff by
using your music function syntax stuff, etc?  Having a dev/staging
that's more than a day away from master is not a good thing.

and there's no point having everbody work on dev/staging instead
of master; we'll still get random breakage and so we'll be no
better off than having everybody working on master.

> > Even better would be if you used the script for it,
> >   github/lilypond-extra/patches/compile-test-lilypond.py
>
> I need to take a look whether I can access that.

real url:
https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra