Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:11:38 +0100

On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:05 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Hairpins already get padding at the span bars, so rather than add a
> second implementation can't we just repair the existing implementation ?
>
> Maybe <http://codereview.appspot.com/5373048/> will do.  (I'm just
> starting a make check.)

Ah, I didn't know that this already existed.

I think the regtest I added w/ my patch covers all the bases (see below for the
code & see attached for the result).  If the hairpins stop before span bars but
extend all the way when span bar's don't exist (including when they are not
present because of the RemoveEmptyStaffContext), then I'd much rather go with
your patch, as it is much less invasive than mine.

Lemme know!

Cheers,
MS

\score {
  <<
    \new GrandStaff <<
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a\< a a a \break a a a a \break a a a a\! }
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a4 a a a s1 a4 a a a }

    \new GrandStaff <<
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a^\< a a a a a a a a a a a\! }
      \new Staff \relative c'' { \repeat unfold 12 a4 }

    \new GrandStaff <<
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a4 a a a s1 a4 a a a }
      \new Staff \relative c'' { a^\< a a a a a a a a a a a\! }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
    }