Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Adds padding between Hairpins and SpanBars. (issue 5438060)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:03:52 -0800

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:38:28 -0800, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

Could you post some PDFs of the patch in action?
There's an example at <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2060>

Just reading the code, with respect to:
  if (bound->is_non_musical (bound) || bound->break_status_dir())

I have trouble imagining how the second condition could add grobs that the
first doesn't cover (I thought that grobs with a break status dir were a strict
subset of non-musical grobs given how the property defs work in
define-grobs.scm).

The function Item:is_non_musical() returns false for copies of the original
Item.  The barline at the end of the line always returns false, and I
tentatively concluded that was because it was a copy when the original barline
was split into three.  I started looking for the reason for the strange
behavior of is_non_musical(), and concluded that the current behavior of
is_non_musical() is too deeply embedded to change.