Re: Cyrillic texinfo support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Cyrillic texinfo support
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:28:16 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Simply include the attached file somewhere at the beginning of a
>> document to have Cyrillic support (however, due to the used
>> extension mechanism, you don't get kerning or hyphenation, even if
>> you set the document language to Russian).
>
> I've committed a slightly improved version to the git repository.

To staging, no less.

Did we stop having a review process for changes affecting the entire
documentation,by virtue of getting added to Documentation/macros.itexi?

I have taken the liberty of taking this out from staging again, in the
hope that our current automated processes have gained the smartness by
now not to hammer this back over master after all.

I don't see this hack as the canonical way to go forward, and it is
certainly not of the "obviously trivial and correct" quality warranting
bypassing the review process for an invasive change with global
consequences.