Re: Cyrillic texinfo support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Cyrillic texinfo support
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:11:16 +0200 (CEST)

> In macros.itexi which is used throughout the entire documentation, for
> every single Texinfo document, whether generating PDF, info, HTML.  Have
> you checked the performance impact?

Performance impact?  For building the documentation?  Are you kidding?
Building the snippets with LilyPond takes more than 99% of the build
time of `make doc'.  Additionally, only the TeX backend is affected.

> Have you checked that the info documents still are fine after "make
> info"?

Info files are not affected, but yes, they are just fine.

> In my opinion, it does not make sense to start the wild code bonanza
> until 2.17.0 is out.

OK.  There is no hurry.

> A change affecting the whole Documentation system is something
> different in my opinion.  And when there likely is reasonable doubt
> about the triviality of a change, a review is called for.

OK.

    Werner