Re: Be serious about setstrokeadjust in PostScript primitives (issue 866

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Be serious about setstrokeadjust in PostScript primitives (issue 8663044)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:56:07 +0000

Confirming that the .pdf size doubles, but only if we measure relative
to the size of the smaller .pdfs we get if we know to use
-dno-point-and-click.  The time required to process the larger .ps was
less that 1% the total time to compile my test .ly files.

Confirming that the resulting larger .pdf has better and more consistent
line thickness when previewed with Adobe Reader on WinXP.

I had to look for a while to find a PDF previewer that showed the
original problem.  Maybe no-pretty-previews by default?

The Evince shipped with Gnome as DocumentViewer 2.32.0
using poppler/cairo (0.14.4) shows no problem (good previews with
visually consistent line thicknesses at all zoom).  SumatraPDF, using
the MuPDF engine, shows no problem.  AcroRead on WinXP shows a minor
problem, that only becomes obvious I we turn on the setting "Enhance
Thin Lines".  (I just did a fresh install of Adobe Reader XI and found
"EnhanceThinLines" is set by default.)
Once I found the problem, this patch did fix it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8663044/