Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:28:20 +0200

On 24/09/13 14:22, Graham Percival wrote:
I've done #1.  I spent a WHOLE YEAR doing #1.  It was an
experiment.  I was absolutely committed to teaching people how to
do docs.  However, #1 gives a net penalty of 25 minutes.

One thing to add. I completely get how frustrating and annoying it must be to have someone like me, who has made a handful of small contributions in total, come and have a go at how the project handles things. I understand how that must feel relative to the huge commitment and effort you have put into the project.

So, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not saying these things to have a go at you. I'm saying it because it seriously bothers me that certain tool choices place an unnecessarily large burden not just on contributors but also on you and other maintainers, who have to sort out that hassle.

It's my personal belief that a couple of months spent really, seriously thinking about the tools used to manage contribution, and the ease of the contribution process, would really, really pay off in the long run.