Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:04:00 +0100 (CET)

> For me it now looks heavily distorted (wrong aspect ratio)

Which browser?  Have you tried reloading the page?  I've checked with
Chrome, and everything's OK; it displays the SVG natively on the
LilyPond page.  However, Firefox 26 under GNU/Linux displays a
generated PNG image (does anybody know why?  and can I change that?),
and for some reasons Wikipedia hasn't (yet?) regenerated the previews
from the most recent SVG version.[*]

On the other hand, the uncropped SVG image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/archive/4/4d/20140113112433%21Klavierst%C3%BCcke_%28Stockhausen%29_Nr2-Klavierst%C3%BCck2-Anfang.svg

gets displayed fine, while the cropped SVG image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/4/4d/Klavierst%C3%BCcke_%28Stockhausen%29_Nr2-Klavierst%C3%BCck2-Anfang.svg

(cropping done with Inkscape) exhibits color mistakes in Firefox's SVG
handling.  Sigh.  I thought that displaying SVG images is mature
meanwhile.

BTW, how can I make Lilypond crop the SVG, similar to EPS output?

    Werner

[*] The metadata of the image is wrong, too.  Maybe we have to wait a
    day or so until it gets regenerated?  Otherwise we've hit a second
    Wikipedia bug within hours...