Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:04:14 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> "Keith OHara" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:29:41 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh
>>> I get this:
>>>
>>> make: *** No rule to make target `python-modules'.  Stop.
>>> xargs: ./out/bin/convert-ly: No such file or directory
>>> xargs: ./out/bin/convert-ly: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> I'm running LilyDev3 in a virtual machine.  (Feeling like I'm in over my
>>> head with this one.)
>>
>> Looking at the first few lines of update-with-convert-ly, it looks
>> like it expects you to have defined the build directory as BUILD_DIR
>> where most other scripts expect LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR.
>
> Probably an oversight and worth fixing.  I use this script only in-place
> so might have escaped this trap.
>
> Doing the (really slow) git log --pickaxe-regex -S '[^_]BUILD_DIR'
> discovers only instances of BUILD_DIR in the docs, used in example
> scripts or recipes that set it themselves first.
>
> convert-ly has been created using BUILD_DIR from the start.
>
>>> export BUILD_DIR=$LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR
>
> Well, that would be a first aid measure.

Oh, uhm.  I think I remember that _also_ "make python-modules" did not
have proper dependencies and so failed when used from a mostly clean
slate.  The "solution" for that was just to run "make" and kill it off
with C-c after a few seconds (no full buld required).  Then whatever it
was that python-modules needed was present.