Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:00:05 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Abraham Lee" <address@hidden>
> To: "LilyPond Development Team" <address@hidden>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:56 PM
> Subject: Lose the tagline (permanently)
>

>> Dear Dev team,
>
> [snip]
>
> I'd vote to keep it.

Same here.  When people don't mind, it gives us exposure and
reassurance.  When people mind, it's reasonably straightforward to turn
off or change.

Mutopia tended to have a severely overengineered tagline, I think they
toned it down by now.  I do agree that it should be unobtrusive, but I
think that the LilyPond tagline meets that bar.