Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Lose the tagline (permanently)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:38:24 -0500

Hi David,

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 12:12 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Paul Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> On Feb 23, 2016, at 8:11 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I might tweak the size or change the text slightly but only that.
>>
>> I like the idea of making the font size smaller, to make it more
>> subtle.  Maybe something in the ballpark of \teeny ...compare:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> A bit pointless since the tagline positioning takes up the same amount
> of space either way.

Well, it would be possible to change the positioning to match the change in the
size of the text.  Although, even with the same positioning it’s a matter of
visual ‘weight’ on the page rather than how much actual space it takes up.

> I mean, the message "you could retypeset this in
> original quality using LilyPond when this has been photocopied too
> often" should not be the first item becoming illegible...

Point taken, although, strategically speaking, once the photocopying quality
gets that bad, we might be better off if our name wasn’t legible.

Anyway, it’s just a way to make it more unobtrusive without getting rid of it
entirely.

Cheers,
-Paul