Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:11:41 +0100

On December 15, 2016 8:41:14 PM GMT+01:00, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden>
wrote:
>On 15.12.2016 17:45, Alexander Kobel wrote:
>> (1) You can put the lyrics to all voices, as extenders are only
>> printed on melismata (unless explicitly enforced).
>> (2) You don't have to add __ in your lyrics anymore - it's done
>> automagically (unless explicitly disabled).
>> (3) minimum-length (or some other name) is used to control appearance
>
>> (right now, you "abuse" it to fake semantics).
>
>This is a _huge_ improvement and new feature! I’ll be thrilled to see
>it
>in the code base.
>
>Best, Simon

+1. And the most surprising thing about it is that I had a (slightly less
elegantly scheme-d, but still working) solution in my toolbox and posted on the
list years ago, and never noticed its potential. So a big thanks to Joram!
Usability-wise, that's the most drastic improvement for my typical Lilypond
work I can imagine...

Cheers,
Alexander