Re: constructive criticism

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: constructive criticism
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:36:20 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> A first step to improve the usability of the "programmer reference"
> (which in my opinion is a misnomer)

It's called program reference; suggestions for better names
appreciated.

> would be to give more explicit
> explanations of the possible values for each property.
> One problem is that the set of possible values may be different for the
> same property depending on what kind of object you set it on, but in
> most cases that's not a problem.

We can solve that partly, by having different doc-strings per
interface, by adding

  ("generic string"
   (text-item-interface . "specific doc string")
   (rest-interface . "specific doc string")
  )

but I think that a first improvement would be to simply add the
information to the interface doc-strings.