Re: Thank you!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Thank you!
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:12:13 -0800

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 21:01:17 +0100
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/1/8, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> > buildscripts/makelsr.py
> >
> > To be honest, *I* don't understand what's happening either... but
> > only because I haven't looked.
>
> I have, and still don't understand.
>
> What's the matter with you? You're almost blaming me for not having
> learned Python yet.

I thought you said you knew python... or maybe that was your
brother? ... and maybe it was perl, not python?

Still, download the lsr-docs, and try running the file... oh wait,
you're on windows: the only OS that doesn't include python by
default.  Python is a good thing to have installed, but that might
be too much bother for this.

> > - REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CHECK THE UNSAFE SNIPPETS MANUALLY!!!
>
> What do you mean by "unsafe"?

lilypond -dsafe foo.ly

the file will be safe or unsafe.  It comes down to what kinds of
scheme is used.

> > break everything (because LSR runs in a chroot environment).  But
> > then when I do git update and build the docs, my system gets
> > hosed.
>
> I haven't thought about that. I don't know how harmful can Scheme code
> be, but there's clearly a potential issue here. However, it would
> require that a dangerous snippet was approved, and this is not gonna
> happen.

It's possible to hide a lot of nasty stuff in scheme.  Having
a short list of things you need to look at carefully will make it
much easier.  But since John's doing this, never mind.

Cheers,
- Graham