Re: doc work

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: doc work
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:21:31 +0200

First observation: since the A.1 Single Staff templates are explicitly named "Notes only", "Notes and lyrics", etc., I don't think there should be a \midi{} block in the \score. That should be explained and introduced in a separate section/template [with, perhaps, a small explanatory note in the text, including a link to the \midi section].
What's wrong with a template that gives you a MIDI file for free, even if you didn't expect it. If I was a LilyPond beginner and suddenly discovered a MIDI file with the same name as my score PDF file, I would certainly get curious to listen to it and read more about that possibility
in the manual.

  /Mats