Re: emacs question

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: emacs question
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:51:08 +0200

On 10.09.2008, at 11:34, Hans Aberg wrote:

On 10 Sep 2008, at 10:56, James E. Bailey wrote:

I have
exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ lilypond "$@"

I am not sure exactly what you run in Emacs,
lilypond-mode. In the command menu, there's an option lilypond (C-c C-l). If it's set to do the command on the master File (C-c C-c) it fails because the path is not escaped.

Then it might be the lilypond-mode script that is missing some quotes like those above.
That's what I suspect.

Then, if someone forgot putting in the quotes above when composing the full path, one would get the error you reported. Setting IFS empty (might suffice only IFS=) might be a workaround - some suggests using this in scripts rather than quotes, but it is not well known.
Regardless, I tried adding that to my .bashrc and it had no effect.

Are you running it from the Terminal - then, under 10.4 at least, it should be put into the file .profile (login shell). X11 does not create a login shell, so then it is .bashrc; so I put
 source ~/.profile
in it.
Well, I have my ~/.bash_profile source my ~/.bashrc so the settings get there regardless.

But setting it this way globally may screw up other scripts. So it would be best fixing the lilypond-mode script.
If I only knew where to begin…

 Hans

James