Re: Headword for unfretted-strings

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Headword for unfretted-strings
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:41:42 -0700

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:59:43 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham, you wrote Friday, October 10, 2008 7:38 PM
>
> > On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:08:00 +0100
> > "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Err, why midi?  It doesn't help anything for the docs, and as
> > you've just said, it's not intended to teach anything.
>
> TIMS - this is music, stupid, you know, stuff you
> _listen_ to ;)

Not the MIDI version of string sounds, you don't.  :)

Seriously, there's no reason to build the .midi files in
Documentation/user/out-www/.  I can appreciate that you wanted to
hear how it sounded, but there's still no point in keeping the
\midi{} in the file.  OK, it only adds half a second to the build
process... but who's going to go hunting around for that .midi
files?  I mean, how many people *who build the docs* are going to
want to hear it badly enough to dig out that file?

Cheers,
- Graham