Re: Minor releases?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Minor releases?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:20:53 -0400

On Monday 17 August 2009, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le dimanche 16 août 2009 à 14:34 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> > On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:48:53AM -0400, David Raleigh Arnold
wrote:
> > > I don't see any straightforward way of seeing a changelog or
> > > anything which tells the differences between minor releases.
> >
> > The git log messages.
>
> And the news item and lilypond.org, which is also sent by email to
> address@hidden
>

> > There's a NEWS/Changes document that shows any major changes.
> > Other than that, the only location are the git log messages.  No,
> > we're not going to add a third source of info about such things;
> > we already don't have enough people working on administration as
> > it is.
>
> I'm thinking of generating automatically (like translations status) a
> documentation Change Log that would report new, changed and removed
> sections, including links to the relevant sections (yet another
> application of a Texinfo parser).  I wouldn't be surprised if this
could
> improve review of doc changes, as even users with almost no time
> available could give feedback and suggest corrections.
>
> Best,
> John

You do a great job summarizing the minor versions of the development
versions, but there is nothing in news-gmane-lilypond.devel about stable
minor changes.  There is no CHANGES document in my lilypond tree.  What
is a git log?  Regards, daveA

--
Very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises.  Intermediate guitar
solos, theory, banjo, harmonica.  Free download of technical exercises