Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:15:22 -0700

I'd second the table idea, The link would be helpful or just a "see- LM 4.6.3" too.
Jay

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden> wrote:
Neil Puttock wrote:
> Can you suggest any improvements for this snippet's documentation?  It
> does already mention where the pitch names are defined (ly/makam.ly).

An actual link to LM section 4.6.3 would help.  Also, the details of the
location of the ly/ folder are not correct.  It gives the location as being,

INSTALLDIR/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/

... whereas if your LP install is via a package manager, it will be in

/usr/share/lilypond/x.yy.z/

... where x.yy.z is the version number (2.12.1 in my case).

I know the snippet documentation is meant to be brief but why not add a
note-name table -- or if not in the documentation, in the snippet source
that you get when you click on the example?

Best wishes,

   -- Joe

--
Jay Hamilton Sound and Silence www.soundand.com 206-328-7694