Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 21:01:48 +0200

Cc: to James Lowe, the brave "only full-time doc writer/editor"?

On 17 April 2011 23:20, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I remember a discussion where Reinhold asked how should a clef looks
> like in a  CueVoice  (I cannot find this again).
> IIRC the conclusion was something like: the clef should look voluntarily
> "artificial", i.e. smaller but _after_ the bar line (and not _before_).
>
> I'd like to have such "artificial-looking" clef in a CueVoice.
> Unfortunately I am not able to get it using the  \clef  command in a
> CueVoice .  Ideas how I could achieve this (clef _after_ the bar line)?
>
> Please note that for various reasons I use a  CueVoice  and _not_
> \cueDuring .

One month later.

At first I used a "normal" clef but with a smaller fontsize (thanks to
an override), but then I discovered Reinhold's  \cueClef  command.
It is a wonderful feature (so is  \cueDuringWithClef , see below).
Thank you Reinhold!

@ James, Reinhold, whoever
BTW, neither  \cueClef , nor  \cueDuringWithClef  (I first tried
\cleffedCueDuring  but it was not the correct name of the command) is
documented in the Notation Reference.
Actually these new features are already implemented but not documented
AFAICS.  http://codereview.appspot.com/2726043/

I come back to my first request.

In the thread "Position of cue clefs?"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00663.html
Reinhold showed that editors handle cue notes with clef differently
(great research work, with scans and analysis
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/LilyPond/LilyPond_CueClef/ ,
thank you again Reinhold).

I'd like to print the cue start clef _after_ the bar line, which I was
not able to do so far.  Is there an option for this in Reinhold's
CueClef?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Xavier