Re: Polymetric music and page breaks

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Polymetric music and page breaks
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 07:57:39 -0400

    Andrea> Thanks for responding. Do keep in mind that this is only an
    Andrea> excerpt of a 40 minute piece. I excerpted enough so that the
    Andrea> problem would be apparent. So I realize that everything in
    Andrea> the excerpt is unequal and therefore confusing.  There is
    Andrea> about 10-minutes-worth of this kind of polymetry, so nothing
    Andrea> is breaking in the way Lilypond would like it to; the bar
    Andrea> lines do not line up for ages. My question is: Is there a
    Andrea> work-around?

I haven't looked at your piece, but what I do with the Renaissance music
where there's no good place for Lily to break the score is:

          \context{
                \Voice
                \remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"

Laura   (mailto:address@hidden, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
http://www.laymusic.org/ http://www.serpentpublications.org

Good teachers get fired; great teachers, killed -- Socrates, Christ,
Giordano Bruno.

Alan Powers  amazon.com author page