Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:20:10 -0500

On Aug 23, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:

> I am very surprised that so many of the LilyPond users are composers!
> I was quite sure that Lily is mostly suited for engravers and editors.

I write songs (jazz) but would not consider myself a composer as such.  Just
once in a while a viable jazz song will fall out of my guitar and I can use
Lilypond to make lead sheets for the rest of my band.  I use it much more for
putting together lead sheets for the arrangements for our set lists because-
once you're past the initial learning curve- Lilypond is fast and easy to use.
I can go from a manuscript to having final lead sheets for all instruments in a
half an hour.  Lilypond isn't perfect but I haven't seen anything better.