Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:03:01 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:00 PM

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:40:49AM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>
>On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 01:06:18AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
>Unfortunately nobody has organized updating LSR to 2.14, so there
>will be more and more cases where users want to help but don't
>have a realistic way to do so.  This is certainly regrettable, but
>I've been sounding the alarm about this for many months.  There
>was one volunteer for this task, but a health problem resulted in
>him drastically cutting back on his lilypond work.  Nobody else
>has offered to do it.

Not sure a "normal" user can update the LSR - doesn't this require
the admin of the LSR to do it?

To change the lilypond binary, sure.  He may or may not also run
convert-ly -e -d   on the files.  However, that's going to leave
about 50 .ly files which require manual updating.  That could
certainly be done by normal users, if there was somebody
organizing them.

Since nobody is willing to either update the files himself, or
organize other people to do them, there's no point discussing
matters with the admin.

- Graham

I don't recall anyone asking for a volunteer.  I'll do it.

--
Phil Holmes