Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:25:33 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:19 PM

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:03:01PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>
>On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:40:49AM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
>Since nobody is willing to either update the files himself, or
>organize other people to do them, there's no point discussing
>matters with the admin.

I don't recall anyone asking for a volunteer.  I'll do it.

You have impressive email filters.

does anybody care about LSR?
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-06/msg00761.html

LSR lovers: walk the walk
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-07/msg00116.html

LSR updating to 2.14
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-08/msg00278.html

% (somebody offered to handle it, but health issues arose)
we need organizers
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-09/msg00265.html
hands off LSR and makelsr.py
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-09/msg00247.html

oh wait, some of those are probably about the LSR import, rather
than updating it to 2.14.

The reason I make such a fuss about the bug squad not working is
that they are the tip of the iceberg.  There are a TON of other
maintenance tasks that aren't being done[1].  I've almost
completely given up trying to get those happening because the bug
squad is the easiest, most clear-cut job we have, and historically
even that hasn't gone smoothly.  (it does appear to have improved
in the past few weeks)

[1] such as doing a full LSR import every week.

I think you'll find that one of the volunteers here has been doing a full LSR import whenever it's needed. Oh. It's me. It's not needed every week - I only do it if there are new snippets tagged with docs.

Sheesh.

--
Phil Holmes