Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:43:14 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:05 PM

Hi Phil,

2012/2/18 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:

I don't recall anyone asking for a volunteer.  I'll do it.

so you are the man who volunteers for the LSR-task and so I adress to you:

Users here for LSR update work.

I tried to find the LSR-snippets not compiling with the current stable
(2.14.2). Graham talked about 50 files.

I'd approach this from a different direction. First of all - have a look at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/updating-lsr-to-a-new-version

As it stands now, I believe the files we know won't work under the current development version are in Documentation/snippets/new: when makeLSR is run, these over-write the snippets downloaded from the LSR.

I think it would be worth you comparing your results with the files in /new.

Thanks for your enthusiasm - I'll definitely be asking for your help, but I think the first task is to get agreement to upgrade the binary running on the LSR.

--
Phil Holmes