Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Sibelius user looking for the easiest way to learn LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:20:13 +0000

On 14 March 2012 03:01, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> Off topic, LilyPond now places the dots equally-spaced from the
> noteheads, in that particular example.
> <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2200>
> Previously, LilyPond put them all in one column because that was
> easier to program than figuring out when dots need to avoid noteheads
> in another voice.

What happens if I want the old behaviour?  Do I have to move the
Dot_column_engraver back to the Staff context and forgo the
improvements in more complicated situations?

The following example looks plain weird.  I've never seen any
hand-engraved music align dots like this.

\relative c'' << { c16.[ c32] } \\ { a2. } >>

Cheers,
Neil