A couple house-style adaptment questions

From: Rodolfo Zitellini
Subject: A couple house-style adaptment questions
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:45:52 +0200

Hi All,
I have to prepare a book to follow the house style of my publisher,
and I'm struggling a bit with the following things:

1) Aligned BassFigures ABOVE the staff.
The publisher wants them all above. I include the figures to my Staff
context and set \bassFigureStaffAlignmentUp: it works, but each number
gets it's vertical position from the note it hase above, with the
result that the figures are not uniformly aligned. Is there a way to
aligne them to the same baseline? It would be the same as when you put
them in the FiguredBass context under the staff (tried a FiguredBass
context but it seems it can be placed only under the staff and not
above).

2) Figured bass font.
The publisher asked me to use the same font they use for all the texts
for the figured bass (a variation of Garamond). I did something like
\override BassFigure #'font-name = #"Garamond Premier Pro"
and it works well, except that all the alterations are too big for the
tiny numbers in Garamond. Is there a way to scale just the alteration
glyphs?

3) Bracketed cautionary accidentals.
The house style calls for brackets and not parenthesis. Is there a way
to change this? I already made my bracket stencil for ParenthesesItem,
but I cannot find a way to change this in AccidentalCautionary.

Thanks!
Rodolfo