Re: musicxml2ly enhancements

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly enhancements
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:37:35 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 10.04.2013, 12:28 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

> Really?  It's like having a BASIC program which always starts with a
> line number:
>
>   %{  1 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  2 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  3 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  4 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  5 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  6 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  7 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  8 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{  9 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>   %{ 10 %}  a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |
>
> As mentioned earlier, I don't like to type this, but having such a
> format returned by musicxml2ly is good IMHO.  After some time you get
> used to it, and line numbers are only looked at if you really need
> them.

You could define a snippet in Frescobaldi with
%{ $SELECTION %}|
as its content (note the bar check and the empty space at the end) and
assign a shortcut.

With some more effort one could create a Python snippet that
- takes a single integer on a line
- places this comment around it and
- right-aligns the number to three digits

If one then added for example an '@' after the opening comment one could
maybe talk Wilbert into making use of this for Frescobaldi's document
outline.

Urs