Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 20:18:30 -0500

On Jun 5, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On 6/06/13 10:13 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
>> Installing Frescobaldi remains one of the singularly frustrating interludes
>> of my computing life.  I cannot figure out how anyone gets a damned thing
>> done using Linux/BSD with all the asinine dependency

It also doesn't help if you have been a long-time Fink user who briefly tried
to set up Frescobaldi using HomeBrew. Starting anew with MacPorts reveals all
sorts of flotsam and jetsam to interfere with a "normal" Frescobaldi
installation. My /usr/local file is one big mess! Though Python 2.7 was
installed by MacPorts, python --version reports 2.6 so my $PATH  is also
confused. However, I'm not giving up!

Thanks for the SIP reminder, by the way.

Stan