Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:35:07 +0600

Am 2013-12-05 um 01:12 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2013/12/4 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>> The last time this discussion came up, Frescobaldi did not work on
>>> MacOSX.  And it comes with its own dependencies.  And installers.
>>
>> Fresco is now in Macports (whatever that means) and I think that means
>> it is now very easy to install there.
>
> "It is very easy to install there" is not the same as "it is very easy
> to integrate into LilyPond's installer".

Right, and „very easy to install“ is not true for the average Mac user -
MacPorts is kind of a Linux parallel installation on your mac, controlled by
command line.
And Frescobaldi has so much dependencies, it pulls in nearly a complete Linux
with some hours of compile time.

I’m glad it works, but it doesn’t avoid the command line problem for clicky
users.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle