Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:59:33 +0100

On 07/12/13 16:52, David Kastrup wrote:
The last time I thought that was when I wanted to compare how much worse
Emacs fared when using it for working on LaTeX files compared to a
specialized simple text editor called Kile or something.

Emacs hit in at over 16MB with my current work session (granted,
containing quite more than just a LaTeX file).

Then I started Kile and it swallowed about 90MB of memory, mostly
because it pulled in half a dozen libraries and demons, getting those
KDE parts up that it needed for operation.

Don't underestimate specialized simple text editors.

Indeed, but still small fry compared to what Lilypond can eat up on some scores
:-)