Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is this reasonable/playable (guitar)?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:10:27 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 06.03.2014 18:00, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>>
> [...]
>>
>> So I'm now down to
>>

>> and that's probably long enough I should spend on this distraction.
>
> What about
>
>       << { r8 a' d e f\3 a\2 | <f\3 a\2 d\1>2\arpeggio } \\
>        { d,2.~ | d2 } >> r4
>
> for the final bars? The position change from the first to the tenth
> fret remains the same but starts earlier and gives a nice line to
> the topmost note of the final arpeggiated chord.
>
> Ok, just a nitpick ...

Now that I was allowed to make a noise again, I checked that version.
The basic idea is good.  However, the arpeggio becomes redundant: there
is no need to strike the notes again.  If one did so, one better would
restrike the bass note as well, but I think it's better just keeping
them all on sustain without further notice.

Definitely an improvement.  I'll just have to cast this into code.

Thanks

--
David Kastrup