Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 22:55:38 -0500

Oh, dear.  Very sorry for what seemed no doubt like an entire school of red
herring.

There is an incantation to use for installing Frescobaldi via MacPorts (sudo
port install lilypond) but not AFAIK Homebrew.

Much, much easier is David L’s .dmg Frescobaldi package that has already been
identified with URL.  Had my answer been more complete (i.e., had I thought to
include the flamin’ URL for the Frescobaldi package) things would have been
much, much simpler for you.

IMHO Frescobaldi works better than Emacs and lilypond-mode, but some folks have
Emacs keybindings coded into their fingers and prefer to stay with that.

In this case the incomplete answer was much worse than no answer at all.  I
apologize, rif!