Re: Gregorian notation - augmentum problem

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Gregorian notation - augmentum problem
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:35:52 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noeck" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:30 PM

Hi Phil,

I think there are two issues here: one is LilyPond's handling of bar
lines in what is intended to be unmetered music, and the other is your
use of the augmentum.  Taking the second first, the way you're using it
is putting an extra half beat in the music, so we effectively try to fit
4.5 beats into a 4 beat bar.  This messes up the timing of every
following bar, so it's really not a good thing.

I guessed that – but what can I do if I need the \augmentum ? Add spacer
rests to fill up the bar? Or is this all cured by removing the
Default_bar_line_engraver as you showed me below?

You can write \augmentum b4*2/3 which shows the dot but scales the duration back to a crochet.

--
Phil Holmes