Re: mute percussion notation

From: Bernard
Subject: Re: mute percussion notation
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:42:38 +0100

On 23-03-16 12:58, David Kastrup wrote:

Uh, one just takes your example and adds the indicated line(s).
Ok, thanks I got it, and it works for me now.
Uh, is there _anything_ actually unclear or do you just want me to do
all the work?

No, of course not, the syntax was only not clear to me.

I have now everything working with the following code :

\version "2.18.2"

mute = "+"

#(define djembe '(
         (dslap            default   #f           2)
         (dslapmute        default   #f           2)))

drumPitchNames.dslap      = #'dslap
drumPitchNames.dslapmute  = #'dslapmute

one = \drummode {  dslap dslapmute^\mute   }

\new DrumStaff
  \with {
      \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #3
     }
   <<
  \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table djembe)

  \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \one }

Visual it looks exactly how I would like it.  Whoh! Thanks you all!

But is there a way to make the voice more consistent, by adding the mute in the definition?

so I could call :
one = \drummode {  dslap dslapmute   }

instead of :
one = \drummode {  dslap dslapmute^\mute   }

And if I could add abbreviation in the definition like dslapmute as dsm, equal to bassdrum and bd, I would be more then happy.

Thanks again for your great support.