Re: mute percussion notation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: mute percussion notation
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:58:58 +0100

Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

>> Amending the parser is done with
>>
>> drumPitchNames.slap = #'slap
>>
>> Note that you can define multiple names for the same definition in the
>> drum style table, so you can also add
>>
>> drumPitchNames.sl = #'slap
>>
>> and this will work without further changes to mydrums.
>>
> Could you give a working code sample, for the syntax?

Uh, one just takes your example and adds the indicated line(s).

\version "2.18.2"

#(define mydrums '(
         (bassdrum        default   #f           -1)
         (slap                 default   #f          0)))

drumPitchNames.slap = #'slap

one = \drummode {  bd  slap  }

\new DrumStaff
  \with {
      \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #3
     }
   <<
  \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table mydrums)

  \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \one }

works just fine.

> In a drumnote like bassdrum or bassdrummute or sidestick a lot of info
> is defined?
> How can I define this myself.

Uh, you did already?

> F.e. In Djembé I would like (sorry I could not create an image file,
> so please compile it to see visual what I need) are :
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> %\relative c' {
>
>  {
>   e' b' f''
> }
> \addlyrics {
>   bas tone slap
> }
>
> But then with 3 staff lines, percussion key, the mute token, and the
> use sidestick (ss) drum note. This last request requires the drummode
> as we use, to be able to use existing drumnotes.
> So could you give an example how I would define f.e. dslapmute (Djembé
> slap mute) with abbrevation dsm?

Uh, is there _anything_ actually unclear or do you just want me to do
all the work?

--
David Kastrup