Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:53:59 +0000

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 at 06:24 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> The issue occurs when writing closely spaced chords with an
> augmentation dot in the rhythm. Dots are placed only on spaces
> (which we should expect), but in certain very easy to reproduce
> conditions, the dot appears in an unexpected place.

Cf. `regression/chord-dots.ly'; this is controlled by the
`chord-dots-limit' property.

However, you have found a bug I think, since it doesn't seem to work
correctly for your case, eliminating dots on the wrong side of the
chord.

    Werner

Thanks Werner. That's potentially a useful workaround. But the default behaviour is obviously broken. There's no way I should see a dot placed on the space above or below a note on a space -- obviously notes on a line are a different matter.  As far as I can tell the default should be never to place the dot more than one staff position away from the top or bottom note of a chord.

Chris