Re: Skyfonts

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Skyfonts
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 08:38:30 +0100

Am 2016-11-07 um 06:44 schrieb Andrew Bernard <address@hidden>:

> Greetings All,
>
> I have recently commenced using Windows 10 (normally a Mac an Linux user
> myself). I have a Monotype font library subscription giving access to over
> 2000 fonts. These are downloaded and placed on one’s machine in a private,
> hidden location, in order to preserve the type foundries’ intellectual
> property. All the Adobe Creative Cloud applications are able to make use of
> these fonts, as is Office.
>
> The question is, since they are not in the standard sort of location, is
> lilypond able to make use of such fonts at all?

Do you know the location of this "hidden" directory? Then you can point
pango/fontconfig (LilyPond’s font libraries) to that location.

E.g. my ~/.fonts.conf looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<!-- /etc/fonts/local.conf file for local customizations -->
<fontconfig>
<cache>~/.fonts.cache-1</cache>

<dir>/System/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>~/Library/Fonts</dir>
<dir>~/FontExplorer\ X/Font\ Library</dir>
<dir>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Fonts</dir>
</fontconfig>

I don’t know where LilyPond looks for this file on Windows.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm