Re: Skyfonts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Skyfonts
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 13:02:14 +0100

"Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Knut,
>

> Thank you, but no way. I am fussy about the ethics of using fonts and
> this is not a viable solution, although perhaps technically
> possible. I'd say that is illegal in _any_ country, at least according
> to the Monotype licensing, and fair enough I say.

With regard to your private use, a lot of jurisdictions will grant you
to use whatever technical means are required to make use of your
purchase in the intended manner for the purpose they have been sold to
you.

Personally I don't see the ethics in some provider taking your money and
not letting you have any value in return.  Licensing is certainly
separate from ethics since its intent is to _substitute_ for ethics by
employing a legal system (and thus ultimately coercion and force) for
ensuring the completion of a mutually beneficial relation.

--
David Kastrup