Re: Left-handed fretboard?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Left-handed fretboard?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 03:33:14 +0000

On 1/16/18, 6:03 PM, "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden> wrote:

    > Francis,
    >
    > On 1/16/18, 2:32 PM, "francisperea" <address@hidden> wrote:
    >
    >     Hi all,
    >
    >     Just a simple question, does anybody know if there is any way to
create
    >     left-handed fretboard diagrams for guitar and/or ukulele?
    >
    > There is not a simple way at present, but it would be much easier to add
a simple way than to rewrite the fretboards.  We just need to add a property to
fret-diagram-details.

    I'd rather prefer, if one could set
    stringOneTopmost = ##f
    in FretBoards and let the printing-procedure respect it (similiar to
TabStaff)

That would work for the FretBoards context, but wouldn't work for fret diagram
markups, I think.

Since we have two different possibilities for creating fret diagrams, I think
we should fix it in the place where the fret diagram is created.  And all of
the display of fret diagrams is covered in fret-diagram-details.

Interestingly enough, if I understand it right, string 1 is topmost for both
left-handed and right-handed guitars.  So it seems to me that stringOneTopmost
is probably not the right property to use.

Thanks,

Carl