lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:56:20 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:37:18PM +0300, N.Karakotas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can help you to debug the PPPoS over my end.

Yeah, will need :-)

> I'm currently using it in my project and have found some issues with
> it. Especially when I initiate a PPP connection, send data and then
> close the connection. After a while I'm out of memory so there must be
> a memory leak somewhere.

PPPd design, especially for the old 2.3.11, used in lwIP, is designed to
run as a heavy process (a daemon), and do not care much about what is
going on at the end of the PPP session, which stops the pppd process in
almost all cases.

PPPd 2.4.5, with the requirements of the ML-PPP support, seems to handle
much nicely what to do in the "lost channel" case. Anyway, if it still
does not, we will fix that.

Currently, using the current lwIP PPP, I have to reset my uC at the end
of the PPPoE session, else I get into deep troubles. Probably with
reasons close to those you have with PPPoS.

I do not want to find bugs in PPPd 2.3.11 while I am porting the latest,
that would be ridiculous.

Sylvain