lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:37:53 +0200

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
PPPd 2.4.x is at least used in all major Linux distributions, and
benefits from patchs from them. For example, there are 37 patchs for
PPPd into Debian, and some of them fixes bugs.

That's a good thing to know.

I guess this is because
PPPd upstream does not answer. The PPPd bugs tracker do not work anymore
too and one bug I sent there went into the middle of nowhere.

I know. We also tried to report one bug there, I think about 3 years ago. I think Iordan got an answer by mail then, but no fix :-(

It's sad that this project seems to "die" though, given the fact that (at least in germany), PPPoE is still use pretty often in DSL routers, and many of them use linux.

(since 2.4.x brings in some features that are seldom used and are not
conditionally compiled).
We can add the necessary compile-time conditions, this is pretty easy to
do, I am planning to do so with the previous compile-time options used.

Of course we "can", but this means a) effort and b) giving up the initial hope of having zero changes against the original sources to let bugfixing be a simple matter of copying the fixed original sources. But then again, it seems like we can forget that :-/

In any case, your work is much appreciated!!

Simon